Not-so-perfect match: GoDaddy.com falls short with Bar Refaeli's big kiss commercial
GoDaddy.com's commercial ranks last in Super Bowl ratings
It apparently took 65 takes to get the kiss right, but Godaddy.com's Super Bowl commercial showing a close up extended kiss between supermodel Bar Refaeli and computer nerd Jesse Heiman to illustrate Godaddy's combo of "sexy" and "smart" finished last in the USA Today Ad Meter rankings released last night.
The domain registry company's annual racy advertisement featured supermodel and former Leonardo DiCaprio girlfriend Bar Refaeli in a super slo-mo make-out session with a nerdy tech guy.
One member of the panel explained his revolt: "I ranked it dead last as well. It was sickening, and didn’t arouse me at all. Just the opposite. I can’t think of any way this commercial could have been worse.”
The Top Ten:
1. Anheuser-Busch (Horse and trainer reunited). 60 seconds, 3rd quarter
2. Tide (Miracle Stain). 60 seconds, 4th quarter
3. RAM (Farmers). 120 seconds, 4th quarter
4. Doritos (Fashionista Dad). 30 seconds, 2nd quarter
5. JEEP (Families waiting). 120 seconds, halftime
6. Kia (Space Babies). 60 seconds, 4th quarter
7. Doritos (Goat 4 Sale). 30 seconds, 1st quarter
8. NFL (Deion Sanders returns). 60 seconds, 3rd quarter
9. Hyundai (Kid assembles team). 30 seconds, 1st quarter
10. Audi (Prom). 60 seconds, 1st quarter
Watch the full uncensored version here. but be warned, it's pretty gross.
© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald